Your First Visit
- Insurance Card(s)
- Doctor’s Prescription and Protocol (if applicable)
- Co-payment (if applicable)
- Claim # and Information (Worker’s Compensation, Automobile Claims, Personal Injury Claims)
- Your Appointment Calendar (for ease in scheduling out your physical therapy sessions)
- If the patient is under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany them to their first appointment.
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing
- Shorts for knee and ankle treatments
- Tank Tops or short sleeve shirts for shoulder treatments
- Sneakers or athletic footwear
Yes, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. The Patient Registration Forms are available for download so you can fill them out at your convenience.
The physical therapist will complete a comprehensive evaluation. This includes taking a patient history, discussing your goals, taking measurements, performing specific tests, and discussing your plan of care. The PT may start treatment for your condition and you may also be given home exercises to begin.
We have found that it works best to schedule out your complete series of physical therapy visits at the end of your first session. At your first visit, your physical therapist will examine you, discuss a personalized plan of care with you, and recommend a specific treatment schedule. To ensure success, it is very important that you commit to the program and schedule that your physical therapist recommends. Scheduling your visits in advance also allows you to get the appointment days and times that you prefer. We have long hours to accommodate busy schedules; 8am – 7pm, Monday through Friday.
For any other questions that you may have, please contact our office: 970.259.7829